Purchasing General Information
Minimum order quantities are $500.00 per line item for ribbon, strip, sheet and foil products and $300.00 for wire products.
We also accept Visa & MasterCard for payment on all of our products.
Payment for Materials or Services can be by any of the following methods once approved by H. Cross Company in writing.
- Cash on Delivery
- Sight Wire Transfer
- 30 Day Term Wire Transfer or Check *
- Credit Card – Visa or MasterCard
* Additional banks fees may be charged for wire transfers and foreign checks depending on originating country or bank.
Thirty-day terms may only be granted upon receipt and acceptance of three current credit references from existing suppliers. We reserve the right to set a limit on the amount of credit we will extend for any given thirty day period.
All goods will be quoted and paid for in US Dollars. No foreign currencies will be accepted.
All Goods will be shipped Ex-Works from Moonachie, NJ USA.
All goods will be shipped uninsured unless specified and if so will be paid for by the customer.
Methods of Shipment shall be determined by the customer or by H. Cross Company if no option is provided and will then be by the cheapest method of shipment to the customer’s facility.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You herein shall accept the terms and conditions of your order as stated unless you notify us to the contrary in writing prior to our first shipment of material to you.
1. The prices quoted reflect our prices in effect as of the date of acknowledgement. These prices are subject to adjustment to reflect our prices effective on the date shipment is made and each shipment will be invoiced at such prices. If any tax, tariff, duty or charge now or hereafter imposed by any governmental authority or agency, foreign or domestic upon the materials sold or upon the production, sale, transportation, use or delivery, or is required to be paid or collected by us directly or indirectly, either by such governmental authority or agency by virtue of our contracts with our vendors, the amount shall be added to the price stated and paid by you. We may at our option add to the price of materials sold the amount of any increase in transportation charges for shipments to you provided that such transportation charges are payable by us.
2. We warrant to you that all material sold shall conform to the description and specifications set forth and shall be of our standard quality. We exclude all other warranties express or implied including that of fitness for any particular purpose. Your remedy for breach of warranty shall be limited to the return of the materials with respect that a breach is claimed and in the event a return of non-conforming materials we shall have the option to credit your account for any amounts paid for such materials or deliver in the manner provided conforming materials in exchange for those returned by you and in no event shall we be liable for any consequential, incidental or other damages of any kind. Your failure to give us notice of any claim hereunder, whether to materials delivered within thirty days from date of delivery or the date fixed for delivery as the case may be shall waiver by you of all claims in respect of such delivery.
3. In the event our performance of this contract is limited or prevented in whole or part by acts of god, war, civil disorders, strikes, explosions, embargoes, accidents, epidemics, floods, storms or shortages, if due to failure of supply of fuel, power, raw materials, equipment, containers, transportation or failure of any source of supply upon that we are dependent, or any rule regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental authority or causes not reasonably within our control whether or not specifically provided, we shall be excused, discharged and released of performance that is limited or prevented without liability for damages of any kind. Nothing herein contained shall be construed as requiring us to accede to any demands of labor or labor unions, suppliers or other parties, that we consider unreasonable. If by reason or any of the foresaid circumstances our supply of materials shall be insufficient to meet all of your requirements, our contracts with our other customers and our own uses, we shall have the right at our option and without liability to apportion our available supply of materials among any and all customers including our affiliates and ourselves in such manner as we in our sole discretion consider equitable.
4. If in our judgment your financial condition at any time becomes impaired we may decline to make delivery except upon receipt before shipment of payment in cash for such delivery. Balances carried on our books on past due status will be subject to a 1% per month service charge (equivalent to an annual rate of 12%).
5. The quotation or order acknowledgement is intended by each of us to constitute a final and exclusive expression of our agreement and cannot be supplemented or amended without our written approval. Our waiver of any breach, or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this contract, at any time, shall not in any way affect, limit or waive our right to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition. This contract shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey and shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of our respective successors and assigns but shall not be assigned by you without our prior written consent.
6. The goods that are being quoted on or acknowledged will be produced in compliance with the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1996 as amended including section 12-a.
7. Inspection clause: the method of production cannot be revealed and the facilities of our plant may not be inspected under any circumstances.
The information presented here is to the best of our knowledge complete and accurate. Actual terms will be set forth on documents sent to customer including the order acknowledgement and invoice. H. Cross Company is not responsible for any errors found to be on these pages and any questions about the same should be forwarded to our offices via phone, fax or email – see our Contact Us page.